31 Aug 2014

Ko Phi Phi

I have just spent the last two days in Koh Phi Phi... and I think this maybe one of the most beautiful islands I have seen yet. 




We didn't get there until late evening on Friday night. But everyone at our hostel was so inviting that we decided to join in with their pres and have a night out.

It was meant to be a quiet one as we had a 8 hour boat trip the next day... but it didn't quite turn out that way.




After drinking a gallon of water the next morning, I was feeling surprisingly fresh unfortunately I can't say the same for Tierney...

The night before we had decided to join in with the Watersports Experience, at £50 it's pretty pricey but you get a lot for your money. It included: monkey beach, maya bay (featured in the film 'The Beach'), Loh Samah, Pi Leh lagoon, and Secret Lagoon, along with cliff jumping (nothing quite like a morning cliff jump to cure a hangover!) snorkelling with sharks, paddle boarding and a watersport of your choice (wakeboarding, water skiing or tubing) the deal was sweetened when we found out breakfast, lunch and free drinks all day were included. (If you want to see more follow this link)


It was a really amazing day. One of the best I have had yet in Thailand. Koh Phi Phi is gorgeous... but the highlight of the day for me had to be paddle boarding in Pi Leh Lagoon. The water was so turquoise it seemed unreal... Unfortunately I have very few photos as I wanted to avoid getting my camera absolutely drenched! But I have a few blurry images... 







I really did have the most incredible time in Phi Phi and it is probably my favourite place in Thailand yet... Even if I did end up with clogged ears after all the snorkelling... and waking up with an eye infection this morning. I owe it mainly to these guys (more of Tierney's old housemates) who made sure I had a hilarious time. 

Being a shorty means always being on tiptoes...

And right now, I am currently sat in my hostel bed after making it in one piece to Krabi, ready for eyedrops and sleep.

Thank you Phi Phi for an amazing experience.

Lots of love

Steph xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment